Hey guys its Cookie again and in this blog post, I will be writing through with you some Christmas gifts since Christmas is around the corner. And yes I was away, not because I was studying but because I was busy with my relationship ❤
Okay I will get started now (BTW ALL PHOTOS ARE NOT FROM ME BECAUSE I DON’T KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD THEM TO THIS BLOG. If you guys know how to, please teach me hehe 🙂 )
There are many gifts to give but here are some of the gifts I would give hehe.
Baking can be a form of a gift, like cookies (hehe) like gingerbread men! To be honest, I have never eaten gingerbread man cookies or bread or whatever it is, in my whole entire life. And the last time I celebrated Christmas was 8 which was 4 years ago. Back to the point, making gingerbread men cookies can be suitable as a gift. You can give it to your friends or relatives or give to your neighbours, it can be anything! It’s up to you!
If you want the recipe then here it is!
Ingredients: (I’m sorry but I’m not a baker so I have to steal it from the professional Jamie Oliver)
- 300 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 100 g soft light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4 and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper. In a large bowl combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda and the spices.
- Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan over a low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves, then add it to the dry ingredients. Stir in until it forms a stiff dough, then cut it in half.
- Transfer the paper from the baking sheets to a work surface and place a portion of the dough on each. Roll out to 5mm thick, then cut out directly on the paper, leaving a 2cm gap between each. Save the cuttings to make more people, or round ginger biscuits.
- Carefully lift the papers back onto the baking sheets and bake the gingerbread in the oven for about 12 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Leave to cool on the sheet for a few minutes – if you want to hang them as decorations, now is the time to pierce a hole through the top of each with a skewer – then move to a wire rack.
- Once cool, ice the gingerbread men and decorate with sprinkles, sweets and edible glitter.
2. Gift Cards
I don’t really have to explain this in detail because I think gift cards are really easy to make or use.
You can buy gift cards
from the nearest Popular Bookstore or a nearby bookstore that sells Christmas gift cards. But if you want it to be a bit more sincere then you can make one yourself!
Just get a piece of paper, fold it in half, write some well wishes inside of the card to the person you wish to give to and decorate it a little and you’re done!
But if you are lazy to do it, like me, then you can just buy one from a bookstore, sign on it and you’re done as well!
On to the next one!
3. Bubble Wrap Calendar
Have you heard of it? A BUBBLE WRAP CALENDAR?! Well, there is such thing and I find it really interesting. Basically, it’s a calendar, with the bubble thingies on the dates and when the day is over you can just POP the bubble wrap.
I came across this website and they sell it at SGD41.40 and it’s poster sized, so I think you can stick it to your wall. It’s adorable and I think you will find it interesting as well.
If you want to find out more about this product, click here to find out more. [The company’s name is Uncommon Goods]
4. Beauty Products
Beauty products are for girls and some men who love makeup (SQUEEEEEE!!!) and if you’re the type of boyfriend who loves your girlfriend a lot and you want her to make her happy and she likes makeup or other beauty products, just give it to her. She will be happy.
For me, I personally prefer to have Kylie Cosmetics products because OMG HER LIPSTICKS ARE PURE GIFTS FROM GOD. But if I want to give my friend, a person who loves makeup, something that is good for her skin, I would give him or her Garnier’s 3-in-1 facial cleanser. It’s basically for sensitive skin but I have normal skin and I have been using it for about 4 months now and my skin is actually improving!
But for those who wants makeup, I would suggest Too Faced. I like their eyeshadow palettes actually because it’s pigmented and their lipsticks are like the Kylie Cosmetics ones but they have a wider variety.
Moving on to the next one.
I love books, to be honest, I have blog post called Book Overload. You can check that ou
t and see some of my favourite and recommended books <3. This gift is only for those
who are interested in reading or wants to know more knowledge. If you give someone who doesn’t like to read, what’s the point of giving it anyway? It will either be a white elephant or some rubbish in the bin. Ehehe.
You can check out my blog post which is linked for my ideas om books.
Actually, I’m really confused with the ballerina stockings or the Christmas stockings. But r
ight now, we are going to talk about the Christmas Stockings all right. This can be bought before Christmas and place little goodies inside for the little ones or anybody else. I never had one of these before, because I rarely celebrate Christmas.
This is all I can come up with, there are many more gifts you can give like mugs or bags or anything! It’s up to you. But I would suggest you ask the person what she or he wants for Christmas! HAHA.That’s what I will always do.
ONE MORE ANNOUNCEMENT
My friends and I have a YouTube channel!!! And we made our first ever video!!!
Please subscribe to us, give our video and our next videos a big thumbs up and comment on our video and we will appreciate it!
Click here to watch the video, it is our first ever video so it will be a little bit unprofessional.
And if you watch it until the end, you will know my real name, Hehe
Thank you guys, MUAH~